Monday morning in the weekly Council Briefing, the Council will get another briefing from the Office of Intergovernmental Affairs on the ongoing state legislative session.
Monday afternoon’s Full Council meeting will feature final votes on several items, including:
- the MHA upzone for downtown and South Lake Union;
- a resolution retiring old, inactive bills that never moved forward;
- an update to the SEPA review exemption rules for “infill” development projects downtown;
- an update to the funding plan for the Yesler Terrace public housing project;
- a lease agreement for new office space for the Customer Service Center in the Central district.
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar includes the following new bills:
- the recently announced legal defense fund for immigrants and refugees;
- authorization for issuing $205 million of bonds to finance improvements to the city’s drainage and wastewater system.
- A request to extend a granted alley vacation in the Denny Triangle (actually this would be its second extension).
Tuesday morning, the Civil Right, utilities, Economic Development and Arts Committee meets. On its agenda:
- authorization for Seattle Public Utilities to apply to the Recreation Conservation Funding Board for a $150,000 grant to maintain and improve the Rattlesnake Ledge Trail.
- the previously-mentioned bond issuance for the city’s drainage and wastewater system;
- a report from the City Auditor on what went wrong with the development of the new NCIS billing and customer service system for Seattle Public Utilities and Seattle City Light.
Tuesday afternoon’s Energy and Environment Committee meeting has been cancelled.
Wednesday morning the Gender Equity, Safe Communities and New Americans Committee meets. The agenda has not yet been published, but the legal defense fund for immigrants and refugees is expected to be discussed. The GESCNA committee also meets Friday morning.
Wednesday afternoon, the Human Services and Public Health Committee meets. The agenda for the meeting has not yet been published.