Another fun week coming up: parking, rent bidding, land use code, surveillance technology, and Council members’ conflicts of interest all up for discussion.
Monday morning’s weekly Council Briefing has no special presentations or discussions.
Monday afternoon’s Full Council meeting will include final votes on:
- the reappointment of Ben Noble as City Budget Director;
- the reappointment of Jennifer Greenlee as Executive Director of the Civil Service Commission;
- a one-year moratorium on rent bidding platforms.
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar includes:
- an update to last year’s ordinance setting procedure for approving city departments’ use of surveillance technologies;
- an ordinance making a long list of tweaks to the city’s land use code;
- several appointments to the Design Review Board.
Tuesday morning, the Governance, Equity and Technology Committee meets (for only the second time this year). On its agenda:
- the previously-mentioned ordinance updating the surveillance technology approval processes;
- an ordinance, originally introduced last June, that allows City Council members to continue to take part in a legislative act in which she or he has a conflict of interest after disclosing that conflict;
- the appointment of Lily Wilson-Codega as the Director of the Office of Intergovernmental Relations.
Tuesday afternoon, the Sustainability and Transportation Committee meets. On its agenda:
- a review of the Downtown Circulator bus service funded by the city and operated by Solid Ground;
- a presentation on improvements to reliability and speed of the Seattle Streetcars;
- an update on the city’s sidewalk condition assessment.
Wednesday morning, the Planning, Land Use and Zoning Committee meets. The agenda for the meeting has not yet been published, but it is expected to vote on amendments to the proposed update to off-street parking regulations, and potentially vote the bill out of committee.
Wednesday afternoon, the Civic Development, Public Assets, and Native Communities Committee meets. The agenda for the meeting has not yet been published.