It’s a short week, with a couple of meeting cancellations… and don’t be surprised if the weather causes a couple more before we’re done. (update: Monday’s Council Briefing and full City Council meeting have been cancelled)
Monday morning’s Council Briefing has been
rescheduled to 11am. It will include an executive session with city attorneys to discussion pending litigation. cancelled.
Monday afternoon’s full City Council meeting will include final votes on:
- the Neighborhood Design Guidelines for the University District and Uptown;
- a resolution related to misclassification of workers as independent contractors;
- a long list of appointments to boards and commissions.
UPDATE: the City Council meeting has also been cancelled.
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar includes:
- an ordinance allowing the Parks Department to spend $2.4 million more on neighborhoods parks, funds that were set aside in the 2008 Parks Levy to allow for inflation.
- an ordinance authorizing hiring bonuses of up to $15,000 for “lateral” hires from other law-enforcement agencies.
Tuesday morning the Civil Rights, Utilities,Economic Development and Arts Committee meets. It will hear an update from Seattle Public Utilities on the Ship Canal Water Quality Project.
Tuesday evening at 6pm, the Human Services, Equitable Development, and Renter Rights Committee meets to take up a resolution that would send the nomination of Jason Johnson as Director of the Human Services Department back to the Mayor for a re-do.
Wednesday morning, the Gender Equity, Safe Communities, New Americans and Education Committee meets. There are two related items on its agenda: