This morning, Budget Chair Sally Bagshaw circulated a schedule of topics for the budget “issue identification” hearings schedule for this week and early next week.
Wednesday morning, October 16:
- General Fund Balancing Analysis;
- Department of Construction and Inspections;
Thursday morning, October 17:
- Office of Housing;
- Homelessness (encompassing multiple departments);
- Human Services Department;
- Department of Education and Early Learning;
- Office of Civil Rights;
- Office of Economic Development;
Friday morning, October 18:
- Department of Transportation;
- Continuation of TNCs from the morning session;
Monday afternoon, October 21:
- Criminal Justice, including the LEAD program;
- Seattle Police Department;
Tuesday morning, October 22:
- Miscellaneous issues not covered in previous sessions.
A detailed agenda for each committee meeting will be published by the City Council 48 hours prior to the meeting, and the supporting materials for a topic will be published by 6:00pm the evening before the meeting where the topic is scheduled.
Once the issue ID discussions are complete, there will be a second public hearing on the 2020 budget on Tuesday evening, October 22. Council members will then submit their proposals for changes to the 2020 budget (aka “green sheets”) by 2:00pm on Wednesday, October 23rd.
Thanks for reading to the end! If you find my reporting valuable, please consider making a financial contribution to support my work. Even just $1 a month helps.