Another light week as the new Council gets up to speed.
Monday morning’s Council Briefing has no special presentations or executive sessions.
Monday afternoon’s full City Council meeting will include final votes on three bills:
- The “Clean Campaigns” bill to prohibit “foreign-influenced” corporations from making independent expenditures or contributing to PACs or campaigns;
- The “Clean Campaigns” bill adding new reporting requirements related to political ads;
- A resolution expressing the Council’s oposition to the Trump administrations escalation toward war with Iran and detaining people of Iranian heritage at the border.
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar includes the following pieces of new legislation:
- the rezone of a property in the University District;
- several appointments to the Seattle fire Code Advisory Board and the Seattle-King County Advisory Board on Aging and Disability Services;
- An ordinance relaxing the rules on permitting sanctioned homeless encampments;
- an ordinance prohibiting evictions from November 1 through March 31 every year.
Wednesday morning, the Transportation and Utilities Committee is scheduled to meet. The agenda for the meeting has not yet been published.