Here’s what the Council is up to this coming week.
Monday morning’s weekly Council Briefing will include another briefing from the Office of Intergovernmental Relations on the ongoing state legislative session. It will also include an executive session for the Council to discuss pending or potential litigation with the city’s attorneys.
Monday afternoon’s full City Council meeting is scheduled to have final votes on:
- the reappointment of Nathan Torgelson as Director of the Department of Construction and Inspections;
- landmark approvals for UW’s Eagleson Hall and the Sunset Telephone and Telegraph Exchange;
- several appointments to the Community Police Commission;
- a resolution adopting the Council’s 2020 work program.
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar includes the following new pieces of legislation:
- an ordinance repealing the Council’s previous moratorium on rent bidding platforms;
- appointments to the Domestic Workers Standards Board, the Sweetened Beverage Tax Community Advisory Board, the Community Technology Advisory Board, and the Seattle Bicycle Advisory Board.
Tuesday morning, the Finance and Housing Committee meets. On its agenda:
- appointments to the Domestic Workers Standards Board and Sweetened Beverage Tax Advisory Board;
- a briefing on the Housing Connector Program;
- the repeal of the moratorium on rent bidding platforms;
- a discussion of the committee’s 2020 workplan.
Tuesday afternoon, the Public Assets and Native Communities Committee meets. It will hear a briefing on the Parks Department’s strategic plan and six-year Seattle Parks District spending plan.
Wednesday morning, the Transportation and Utilities Committee meets. It will take up:
- appointments to the Community Technology Advisory Board and the Bicycle Advisory Board;
- a briefing on street vacations and term permits from SDOT;
- an ordinance granting UW permits for ongoing operation of its five pedestrian skybridges;
- an alley vacation in West Seattle Junction;
- approval of Seattle City Light’s biennial conservation target.