The Council wraps things up for the year before heading out for a two-week winter recess.
Monday morning at the weekly Council Briefing, the Council will hear a presentation on the Black Brilliance Project’s preliminary report.
Monday afternoon’s full City Council meeting includes final votes on:
- an ordinance authorizing the city to pay Mayor Durkan’s legal expenses for defending against the recall petition;
- an ordinance temporarily removing interest charges on delinquent Seattle City Light and Seattle Public Utilities bills;
- three bills composing the Q4 supplemental budget;
- a loan of $1 million to Community Roots Housing;
- an ordinance granting DEEL more flexibility in implementing the Families, Education, Preschool and Promise Levy spending plan;
- an ordinance expanding the city’s lobbying regulations;
- a resolution “expressing the Seattle City Council’s solidarity with farmers protesting the passage of farming bills in India and in support of affected members of Seattle’s South Asian community.
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar includes the following pieces of new legislation:
- an extension of the city’s interim floodplain regulations;
- an ordinance cutting $5.4 million from SPD’s 201 budget;
- an ordinance accepting a property for Seattle City Light;
- appointments to the Bicycle Advisory Board, the Transit Advisory Board, and the Pedestrian Advisory Board.
Tuesday afternoon the Select Committee on Homelessness Strategies and Investments meets. The agenda includes:
- a briefing on an ordinance updating regulations on the construction of permanent supportive housing;
- a briefing on planned homeless shelter and HOPE Team investments in 2021.
Wednesday morning, the Transportation and Utilities Committee meets. The agenda for the meeting has not yet been published.
Thursday morning, the Public Safety and Human Services Committee meets. The agenda for the meeting has not yet been published.
I hope you found this article valuable. If you did, please take a moment to make a contribution to support my ongoing work. Thanks!