And once again this week, the Council takes up the proposed $5.4M cut to SPD’s budget.
Monday morning’s Council Briefing will be a long one. On the agenda:
- another weekly update on the state legislative session;
- a presentation from the Office of Intergovernmental Relations on the American Rescue Plan Act;
- an executive session for the Councilmembers to discuss pending litigation with city attorneys.
Monday afternoon’s full City Council meeting will include:
- a proclamation honoring Chief Andy de Los Angeles of the Snoqualmie Tribe;
- an ordinance appropriating an additional $12 million for non-congregate shelter that the city hopes will eventually be reimbursed by FEMA;
- A resolution establishing the Council’s spending priorities for federal COVID relief funding;
- acceptance of $14 million from the Puget Sound Regional Council to be used toward repair of the West Seattle Bridge;
- two bills approving the city’ use of certain surveillance technologies for limited purposes.
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar including the following new legislation:
- appointments to the Community Involvement Commission, the Urban Forestry Commission, and the Green New Deal Oversight Board;
- an ordinance establishing the Swedish Club landmark designation.
Tuesday morning, the Public Safety and Human Services Commission meets. On the agenda:
- the annual report from the Office of Emergency Management;
- discussion, amendments and a likely vote on a $5.4 million cut to SPD’s 2021 budget.
Tuesday afternoon, the Sustainability and Renters Rights Committee meets. The agenda has not yet been published, but likely includes the appointments to the Green New Deal Oversight Board.
Wednesday morning, the Land Use and Neighborhoods Committee meets. The agenda has not yet been published, but is expected to include:
- a presentation from SDCI on permit application processing times that was postponed at the last committee meeting;
- the Swedish Club landmark designation.
I hope you found this article valuable. If you did, please take a moment to make a contribution to support my ongoing work. Thanks!