There are a minimal amount of meetings this week, due to the Labor Day holiday Monday and the Council’s observance of Rosh Hashanah on Tuesday.
The weekly Council Briefing and full City Council meetings are canceled.
Wednesday afternoon, the Community Economic Development Committee meets. It has one item on its agenda: a briefing and public hearing on an ordinance creating a new 15th Avenue East Business Improvement Area.
Friday morning, the Finance and Housing Committee meets. The official agenda has not been published yet, but it is expected to include:
- the Race and Social Justice Initiative annual report from the Department of Finance and Administrative Services (a holdover item from the previous committee meeting);
- an extension to certain deadlines for the MFTE program, and a resolution requesting the city to conduct research on specific topics before proposing the next extension to the MFTE program;
- the city’s capital projects “watch list” quarterly status report;
- an ordinance lifting a proviso on the Strategic Investment Fund.
Friday afternoon, the Public Assets and Native Communities Committee meets. The agenda has not yet been released, but it is expected to include two items:
- a briefing and public hearing on an extension to the management and operating contract for the Woodland Park Zoo;
- legislation designating “park boulevards” along the waterfront.
I hope you found this article valuable. If you did, please take a moment to make a contribution to support my ongoing work. Thanks!