The Council has a singular focus this week: the budget.
There are no presentations scheduled for Monday morning’s weekly Council Briefing.
Monday afternoon’s Full Council meeting only has one item: filing a correction to a contract rezone.
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar is also a tame affair: two contract rezones and a resolution setting a public hearing date for a street vacation request.
There are four meetings scheduled this week for the Budget Committee to discuss issues with the Mayor’s budget proposal:
- Monday at 10:30am
- Monday at 2:3pm (or when the full Council meeting finishes)
- Tuesday at 9:30am
- Tuesday at 2:00pm
Here is the agenda for Monday’s meetings; they plan to discuss SDOT in the morning, and SPU and FAS in the afternoon. The agenda for Tuesday’s sessions has not yet been published, but the tentative plan is
- Homeless emergency response (multiple departments)
- Human services department
- How to spend the soda tax proceeds
- Seattle Police Department
- The newly created Office of the Inspector General
- The Community Police Commission
- Other cross-cutting and miscellaneous issues
Council members must submit budget proposals (with 3 Council members co-sponsoring) by 2pm on October 19th, in order for them to be discussed in the next round of discussions on October 23-25.
Here’s the full schedule for the budget development process.