Big discussions coming this week on off-street parking reform, rent bidding, and the opioid epidemic.
At Monday morning’s Council Briefing, there will be presentations from the Office of Intergovernmental Relations on both the state legislative session now wrapping up and also the federal legislative landscape.
Monday afternoon at the weekly Full Council meeting, the Council will take a final vote on acquisition of a property to expand North Rainier Park.
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar includes the following items of note:
- the appointment of Lily WIlson-Codega, Political Director for the Teamsters, as Director of the Office of Intergovernmental Relations;
- conceptual approval of the design for the renovation of Brighton Playfield;
- acceptance of nearly $9 million in external transportation funding grants, including $4 million for Next Generation Intelligent Transportation Systems;
- three appointments to the Sweetened Beverage Tax Community Advisory Board.
Tuesday morning, the Governance, Equity and Technology Committee meets. The agenda for the meeting has not yet been published. UPDATE: the meeting has been cancelled.
Tuesday afternoon, the Sustainability and Transportation Committee meets. On its agenda:
- a proposed alley vacation adjacent to Town Hall Seattle;
- the appointments to the Sweetened Beverage Tax Community Advisory Board;
- the previously-mentioned acceptance of transportation funding grants.
Wednesday morning, the Planning, Land Use and Zoning Committee meets. On its agenda:
- continuation of the ongoing discussion of proposed changes to the off-street parking code (no vote is planned);
- four appointments to the Seattle Design Commission;
- the annual report of the Seattle Design Commission.
Thursday morning, the Housing, Health, Energy, and Workers’ Rights Committee meets. The agenda for the meeting has not been published yet, but is expected to include:
- a vote on a proposed moratorium on rent bidding sites in Seattle;
- a report on the implementation status of the recommendations of the opiate task force.