It’s all about the budget this week.
Monday morning’s Council Briefing has no special presentations, but the Council will hold another executive session with city attorneys to discuss litigation-related issues.
Monday afternoon’s full City Council meeting includes final votes on the following pieces of legislation:
- confirmation of the appointment of Debra Smith as CEO of Seattle City Light;
- a resolution updating the city’s policies for disposal of surplus property, making it easier to direct it towards affordable-housing projects;
- three items related to Seattle Public Utilities: approval of drainage and wastewater rate changes, and approval of the 2019 Water System Plan;
- An ordinance requiring certain employers to provide pre-tax commuter benefits to their employers;
- a long list of appointments to boards and commissions.
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar has no new items of legislation other than the regular weekly bill-paying ordinance.
Wednesday will be another full day of Budget Committee meetings. The exact schedule of presentations has not yet been published.
Thursday evening at 5:30pm there will be a public hearing on the 2019-2020 budget in Council Chambers at City Hall. This is the first of two evening public hearings where Seattle residents are encouraged to give the Council their thoughts on the budget.