A very busy week ahead, with tons of meetings.
Monday morning’s Council Briefing willl feature a briefing from the Office of Intergovernmental Relations on the city’s federal legislative agenda.
Monday afternoon’s full City Council Meeting includes final votes on:
- an ordinance restructuring the city’s hate crimes law;
- Several appointments to the Design Review Board and Seattle Planning Commission;
- a contract rezone of a Greenwood property after a judge remanded it back to the Council to make changes.
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar includes the following pieces of new legislation:
- 3 landmark designations;
- 3 appointments to the Community Involvement Commission;
- An ordinance approving two uses of surveillance technology by the city: CCTV traffic cameras and license plate readers;
- Approval of the Housing Levy Finance and Administration Plan;
- An alley vacation for an Amazon development project.
Monday morning the Select Committee on Civic Arenas meets. On its agenda:
- an update on the arena renovation project construction and timeline;
- a modification to the city’s lease with the Seattle Storm;
- a permit for the construction crews to install structural tiebacks in Thomas Street.
Tuesday morning, the Governance, Equity and Technology Committee meets. On its agenda:
- an update to the rules and procedures of the City Council;
- the surveillance technology approval mentioned above.
Tuesday afternoon, the Sustainability and Transportation Committee meets. Its agenda includes:
Tuesday evening, the Housing, Health, Energy and Workers Rights Committee will hold a public hearing on the proposed Ft. Lawton redevelopment project.
Wednesday at noon, there will be a “Lunch and Learn” session to discuss the “System Failure” report on prolific offenders.
There are four other meetings scheduled this week for which agendas have not yet been published:
- the Gender Equity, Safe Communities, New Americans and Education Committee Wednesday morning;
- the Finance and Neighborhoods Committee meeting Thursday morning;
- the Select Committee on Homelessness and Housing Affordability Friday morning;
- a “lunch and learn” session Friday at 12:30, hosted by the Sustainability and Transportation Committee.