As we reach the end of this Council’s first month, there’s not a lot of action on the 2nd Floor of City Hall.
Monday morning at the weekly Council Briefing, the Council will receive an update on the state legislative session from the Office of Intergovernmental Affairs.
Monday afternoon, the city will take final vote on Council member Pedersen’s resolution “reaffirming Seattle as a welcoming city and condemning all forms of oppression throughout the world.”
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar includes:
- the above-mentioned resolution;
- a resolution affirming the city’s intent to raise police accountability issues in the upcoming renegotiation of the contract with SPOG, thepolice officers’ union.
Tuesday morning, the Public Safety and Human Services Committee meets. On the agenda:
- a briefing from SPD Chief Carmen Best on last week’s shootings downtown;
- five reappointments to the Seattle Fire Code Advisory Board;
- the above-mentioned resolution on police accountability issues and the negotiations with SPOG;
- a status update on the Human Services Department’s progress on additions that the City Council added to the department’s budget (see this article by Erica Barnett for context on this).