Coming up this week: the spending plan for the payroll tax, more 2020 budget work,and the renewal of the Seattle Transportation Benefit District.
Monday morning’s Council Briefing will include two closed-to-the-public executive sessions with the city’s attorneys to discuss pending litigation matters.
Monday afternoon’s full City Council meeting is scheduled to have final votes on:
- a grant-acceptance ordinance for SDOT;
- an ordinance amending the existing easement agreement with Westlake Center in order to expand the monorail station;
- a resolution “reaffirming the City of Seattle’s support of unbanked money transfer operators and the immigrant communities they serve”;
- a resolution authorizing the Parks Department to enter into certain grant agreements;
- an appointment to the Community Technology Advisory Board.
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar includes the following pieces of new legislation:
- a land acquisition ordinance on behalf of Seattle Public Utilities;
- an ordinance (previously announced the Council member Lewis) that would temporarily suspend the enforcement of personal liability provisions in commercial leases;
- an ordinance updating the city’s floodplain regulations;
- an ordinance relaxing zoning restrictions to allow for childcare facilities to be sited anywhere in the city;
- a resolution establishing the details of the spending plan for the recently-passed payroll tax;
- an ordinance placing the renewal of the Seattle Transportation Benefit District on the November ballot.
Wednesday morning and afternoon, the Budget Committee will meet and continue its work on the rebalanced 2020 budget, the spending plan for the payroll tax, and the inquest into the SPD budget.
Friday morning, the Select Committee on Transportation Benefit District Funding will meet again, and possibly vote out of committee the ordinance to place the STBD renewal on the November ballot.
I hope you found this article valuable. If you did, please take a moment to make a contribution to support my ongoing work. Thanks!