Finishing up the process of rebalancing the 2020 budget…
Monday morning’s Council Briefing is scheduled to include a briefing on a proposed ordinance prohibiting the questioning of juveniles unless legal counsel is provided.
Monday afternoon’s full City Council meeting will have final votes on two appointments to the Implementation Board of the new regional homeless authority.
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar includes the following new bills:
- an ordinance lifting two budget provisos on the Office for Civil Rights related to a re-allocation of project funding to address “high barrier” individuals (aka “prolific offenders”);
- an ordinance making technical amendments to the recently-passed ordinance requiring “premium pay” for gig workers;
- an ordinance making similar technical amendments to the recently-passed ordinance requiring paid sick and safe leave for gig workers;
- a resolution “affirming the rights of members of the press, legal observers, and medical personnel covering the protests against police brutality;
- an ordinance making two changes to the Seattle Comprehensive Plan as part of the annual amendment process.
Immediately following the Council Briefing Monday morning, the Budget Committee will meet to finish its first discussion of potential amendments to SPD’s 2020 budget. The Budget Committee then meets again on Wednesday, with sessions at 11am and 2pm, to vote on the amendments and vote the amended 2020 budget out of committee.
Wednesday morning at 9am, the Transportation and Utilities Committee meets. The agenda for the meeting has not yet been published.
I hope you found this article valuable. If you did, please take a moment to make a contribution to support my ongoing work. Thanks!