It’s “week 5” in June for the Council’s calendar, so there are no committee meetings scheduled this week — just the usual Monday meetings.
Monday morning’s Council Briefing will include a special briefing from the Office of Intergovernmental Relations on federal legislative activity.
Monday afternoon’s full City Council meeting is scheduled to include final votes on:
- a collective bargaining agreement between the city and the Seattle Fire Chiefs Association;
- an ordinance combining the Board of Park Commissioners and the Parks District Oversight Committee;
- A landmark designation for the Bordeaux House;
- an ordinance granting religious organization additional zoning density for affordable housing projects they develop on property that they own or control;
- several appointments: one to the Seattle Ethics and Elections Commission; one to Court Administrator for Seattle Municipal Court; several to the Landmarks Preservation Board; and several to the Green New Deal Oversight Board.
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar includes:
- The second quarter supplemental budget ordinance and grant acceptance ordinance;
- An ordinance granting an extension for the time to open new buildings under the Multifamily Tax Exemption program;
- an ordinance authorizing the acquisition of two lots in South Park for the development of public housing;
- an ordinance allowing SDOT to increase on-street parking up to $12 per hour on event days near stadiums and other major event facilities.
There are no other Council meetings scheduled for this week.
I hope you found this article valuable. If you did, please take a moment to make a contribution to support my ongoing work. Thanks!