Lots of committee meetings coming up this week…
At Monday morning’s weekly Council Briefing, the Office of Intergovernmental Relations will give an update on the state legislative session. (here’s their weekly bulletin from last week). They will also receive an update on the HALA and MHA program implementations.
Monday afternoon’s Full Council meeting features a long list of appointments to commissions, plus three other items of note:
- An ordinance lifting a proviso on funds set aside for supporting human services providers in North Seattle. I wrote about this last Friday.
- An ordinance lifting a proviso on funds for deploying body-worn video cameras on Seattle police officers. Here’s my summary from last week.
- A resolution adopting the Council’s 2017 Work Program, which lays out their tentative plan for legislative branch work throughout the year.
Tuesday morning, the Civil Rights, Utilities, Economic Development and Arts Committee meets. On its agenda:
- The annual report on the Priority Hire program;
- A briefing on the 5th Avenue Theatre educational programs;
- A briefing on the Seattle Symphony Homelessness Initiative.
Tuesday afternoon’s regularly scheduled meeting of the Energy and Environment Committee has been cancelled.
Wednesday morning’s regular meeting of the Affordable Housing, Neighborhoods and Finance Committee has been rescheduled to Friday morning. The agenda has not been published, but it’s a fair bet that the proposed Seattle Renters Commission will be on the agenda.
Wednesday at noon, the Civil Rights, Utilities, Economic Development and Arts Committee will hold a special meeting. The agenda has not been published yet.
Wednesday afternoon the Education, Equity and Governance Committee meets. No agenda has been published yet.
Thursday morning, the Parks, Seattle Center, Libraries and Waterfront Committee meets. No agenda has been published yet.