Some noteworthy votes in Full Council Monday afternoon, plus the budget process starts wrapping up.
There are no presentations on the agenda for Monday morning’s Council Briefing.
Monday afternoon’s Full Council agenda includes final votes on two important items:
- Approval of the city’s collective bargaining contract with SPMA, the union representing SPD’s lieutenants and captains.
- The short-term rental (i.e. AirBnB) regulations.
This week’s Introduction and Referral Calendar includes:
- three appointments to the new Community Police Commission;
- interfund loans to allow for early spending of anticipated revenues from the soda tax and the sale of the Civic Square property;
- re-introduction of a bill to formally end the city’s participation in the Department of Defense’s Program 1300, which allows city police departments to buy surplus military equipment.
Tuesday and Wednesday the Council is scheduled to spend all day in budget meetings. Budget chair Lisa Herbold will unveil her second “balancing package,” followed by votes on the individual changes from the Mayor’s proposed budget. Council members will also have one last chance to pitch changes not in the balancing package.
Thursday morning, the Select Committee on Civic Arenas will meet and discuss the proposed MOU with OVG for redevelopment of Key Arena.
Thursday evening, the Gender Equity, Safe Communities, and New Americans Committee will hold a public hearing to discuss the appointment of Andrew Myerberg as Director of the Office of Police Accountability.