The Council’s budget session is now in full swing.
Monday morning’s weekly Council Briefing has no special presentations but will include two executive sessions with city attorneys to discuss legal matters.
Monday afternoon’s full City Council meeting is scheduled to include final votes on:
- a clarification to the Tenant Relocation Assistance ordinance;
- a resolution declaring that enforcement of laws against possession and use of entheogens such as “magic mushrooms” and peyote is a low priority for the city;
- a resolution setting the public hearing for an alley vacation petition;
- an ordinance facilitating the transfer of development rights from Pierce and Snohomish County into Seattle;
- two ordinances modifying the city’s Comprehensive Plan: one renaming “single family” zones to “neighborhood residential,” and the other making a handful of other changes;
- an ordinance modifying zoning to allow the Seattle Storm to build a 50,000 square foot practice facility in the Interbay industrial area.
There are no committee meetings this week, and there are no budget meetings either as the Council is busy consolidating its list of issued with the Mayor’s proposed 2022 budget.
I hope you found this article valuable. If you did, please take a moment to make a contribution to support my ongoing work. Thanks!